Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2015- June Tag

Hello everyone,

It's that time of the month again...no not THAT time of the month *lol*... goodness, such awful thoughts you all have...it's time to reveal to you my tag for June as inspired by Tim's 12 tags of 2015 challenge.

Now, before I show you anything, I have to admit that when I first saw his tag..I went *GULP*..there is NO WAY I can reproduce ( I don't have that die) and my mind went straight to my smaller coffee die-cut set I bought at the craft fair last month. But I am lucky enough to have a friend who showed me her tag ( she also does not have the same die-cut that Tim uses) and she did such a good job. She inspired me to really give it a go with the materials I had at home. And I did and it's fabulous..I'm really glad I challenged myself to reproduce this tag almost to identical.

So without further ado....I give to you Tim's Tag for June:


And here is my replica attempt:



Not bad - huh!!

Here are some closer pics I wanted to draw your attention to


I love the white paint he had us put behind the plastic to make it look like cream. And of course that HJ's straw is awesome!!! 



Love that I am finding uses for the corrugated board I've had in my stash for ages. I roughed it up and inked it with distress ink. I also used my 1" round punch and my We R Memory Keepers star die for the centre piece (love the green and silver look).


I was also very fortunate to be given some burlap which I used for this project. It really does take it up to the next level.


So good I made two!!! I really really enjoyed making it. I will be giving one to my swap partner :)

So, then I decided to go ahead and make the one my mind originally thought of when I first saw this month's theme. And here it is:


I am pretty happy with this too!!

I still incorporated the star and the circle, the corrugated cardboard, the burlap and the "#lifeisgood" flag.


So, lets put them side by side:


And so the difference between the 2 tags was my backgrounds. The replica was a paper background with 0.25" strips of green glossy yardstick stuck horizontally and vertically, while for the second tag, I inked the tag with a light colour of green ink then went down the tag in stripes with my dark green ink pad and then distressed and inked the edges for both.

I hope you have found inspiration here and that you do give it a go!!
You are so welcome to leave a comment and let me know which one you liked the best.
xxAmira










Comments