Skip to main content

Memory book with Kraftex Spine

Dear Reader,
I am busy participating in 4 challenges for National Scrapbooking Day 2017.
You can find this challenge over at Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft here.
Here is my Memory Book for the challenge set for us by the talented Lolly Palooza.
You can find out more about her challenge here.

The paper collection I used is called "Just be You" by Echo Park.

Here is the cover. 




I knew I didn't want to use rings as a binding method so I came up with my own design.
I used Kraftex to bind the front and back chipboard covers.




I decorated the spine with stickers from the collection.

Here is the inside of the spine once again decorated with more stickers.



The binding on this memory book is a little different from what I usually go to.

Do you remember the old medical file fasteners?
They used to come in either metal or plastic.
I decided to use the plastic here.




You can choose to remove the plastic guard and just bend the arms down too.



I like how it looks.
And I like how it expands and can allow you to change the order of the pages.

I found some pretty 4" x 6" swaps that I had received from a friend that fit perfectly here.


And here is another:


I made side loading pockets like Lolly demonstrated.





I also made the interactive envelope.
This is is closed.



This is it open and extended


I added some pretty Project Life cards and decorated them with some stickers.


Love this little book!



I think I might start storing some of my swaps in here.
A memory book for swaps of some sort.
I like that!
So glad I entered this challenge!
Thank you for tuning in.
I hope you have found inspiration here.
xxAmira



Comments