Skip to main content

Wild Love Mixed Media Valentine Cards

Hi everyone,
As soon as I saw the cute critters in Photoplay's 'Wild Love' paper collection, I knew that I had to make cards that featured them.
I really wanted to make mixed media cards using the extras I picked up along with the core products (see my unboxing).


So I grabbed these and my Ranger Distress Oxides as well as the journaling cards 
 and the sticker sheet 
as main elements.

One more element that I used to make the card front was this Letter It card stock from Ranger.


I am delighted that it held up to mixed media and stamping use!


Mixed Media Technique 1 - Stencilling and Distress Oxide



For this card, I used the Kaisercraft stencil and 4 colors of Distress Oxide on the card stock (which I trimmed to 4" wide) :
- Iced Spruce,
- Salty Ocean,
- Picked Raspberry,
- Peacock Feathers,

I then fussy cut the journaling card with the cute bear and attached that to the front of the card stock.
I added a banner from the sticker sheet, a few hearts and finally another quick dot stamp using Picked Raspberry in strategic areas and then mounted it to the card base (from my stash) using double sided sticky tape.

Mixed Media Technique 2 - Texture Paste through stencil 

I started by applying texture paste (from my stash) through the stencil in 4 directions.
I then chose this lovely combination of Distress  Oxides - Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral.
To achieve this organic background, I applied the ink to an acetate sheet, spritzed with a mister then smooshed it on to the card stock. I also dried in-between application. I then repeated with the second color.

I added the tiger sticker, and the black brand and the 2 banner labels - and just like that this card came together very quickly.



Mixed Media Technique  3 - Stamping & Stencilling 

For this card, I started by stamping the wood grain stamp in  Vintage Sepia (Versafine) and Abandoned Coral in the top left and the bottom right corners.
I then fussy cut the tiger from the journaling card and attached him on with double sided sticky tape.
I added some sticker hearts, then the banner and finally, applied Victorian Velvet Distress Ink through the stencil along the top right and the bottom left corners.



Mixed Media Technique  4 - Paint Resist & Distress Oxide through stencil 

For this card I sponged white acrylic impasto through the stencil across the whole front of the card stock. I then went in with Abandoned Coral to one half and Iced Spruce to the other blending completely where the 2 colors met.
I used the journaling card with the 2 foxes and layered them up with card stock that had been embossed through the woven embossing folder and then inked with both Frayed Burlap and Peacock Feathers (I have Lucky clover pictured here but in the video you will see that I actually used Peacock Feathers).
A heart sticker and a banner that says 'Thief of hearts" completes this card perfectly.


Mixed Media Technique  5 - Embossing folder & stencil combination

For this last card, I knew I wanted to use the journaling cards with the 2 bunnies.
I decided to use a left over portion of the embossed card stock which I sponged with Picked Raspberry and added the the left of the card to match the pink bunny. And because the companion bunny was green, I decided to sponge Lucky Clover through the Tribal Strips Stencil on the right.
I layered up the sentiment (from the previous journaling card) with hessian and an arrow from the 'Stay Wild' Stamp and Die Set.



Here are all the cards together


Please check out my process video HERE

As always please visit Aunty Vera Scrap and Craft if you are interested in these products which will be at a discount for the month of February.

Don't forget to come back for the next batch of cards I make using all the core products and extras for this gorgeous "It was only a Kiss" theme.

Take care and happy crafting,
xx Amira




Comments