Skip to main content

Accordion Booklet ~ Sunburnt Country Paper Collection ~ Couture Creations




Hello everyone,
Im so exciting to be back and crafting on the design team after being away all year.
When I saw the beautiful papers that Aunty Vera had chosen as November's theme I knew I just had to squeeze in some time to come up with a worthy project for our Australiana theme this month.

Using the beautiful papers from the Sunburnt Country collection by Couture Creations, I have come up with an accordion booklet that allows you to utilise both sides of the paper instead of always having to chose one or the other.

To decorate the inside of the booklet, I used the cut apart pages from 'Sunburnt Country' as well as some ephemera from Kaisercraft's Open Road 2018 collection which I am slowly running out of.

When you open the booklet, this is what you see   



You can then pull the pages out to the right to see one side that is wonderfully decorated with ephemera that evokes Aussie nostalgia.



And when you pull the booklet to the left side, you get to enjoy the 'B' side of the paper that people normally glue down. Accordion is my go to method for when I can't decide which side of the paper I like most. 


The little side panel on the right has a beautiful sentiment which I added using the 'Open Road' stamp set.


 The left inside of the booklet has a little pocket which can accomodate a little journalling card which I made into a faux postcard. I did not want to cover up the 'Made in Australia' focal point on the paper so put the pocket up higher up on the page than I normally would have.



Next, is the first page you see in the accordion ensemble. I love this cheeky pair of salmon crested Moluccan Cuckatoos and so when I came across the 'Are we there yet?' ephemera piece, I decided to make an ephemera cluster that played with their personality. This cluster serves as a tuck spot for journaling cards or pictures.


Next we have the sugar bush (Proteus flower) paper which I highlighted by choosing the similar 4"x6" journaling card which can be flipped up to provide a writing spot as well as a place for a photo. In the bottom right hand corner, I added a 3"x4" journaling card that serves as a tuck spot. To cover the join between the 2 cars, I added a die-cut of a Waratah flower.



On the next page, I loved this majestic Australian Ringneck Parrot and so it was easy to pick the design for his page. I used the flying theme and added a compass and a 'where to next' travel sign along with the 'open road' badge at the bottom which is propped up with 3D foam so that you can tuck papers and such in there.

Over the page, I created a pocket out of a 4"x6" card and decorated around it in true Aussie road sign style



And on the last page on this side of the accordion, I loved these 2 parrots and pictured them as travel buddies having outback adventures all over Australia so decorated that page with ephemera that told such a tale.



On the other side of the accordion, here is how I decorated those pages, each telling a different story and showcasing beautiful Australian bush flora, fauna and culture.









If you enjoyed these pictures, you will love my quick flip through which you can find HERE ON MY YT CHANNEL





 And if you REALLY LOVED my project and want to make one of your own, you will find my TUTORIAL HERE



Thank you so much for joining me this month.
Keep on crafting 
xx Amira


Comments