Skip to main content

Swapping for the love of it.

Hi everyone,

I make a lot of things and for the longest time, I didn't know what to do with what I had created until last year. I came across this GREAT swap community which I joined and have gotten to know so many nice people both regional and international. I have swapped and received and have loved every minute of it.

Here are 2 of this month's swaps (both of which I am hosting):

Swap 1: No-sew home made quilt cards

The first 2 cards use strips of paper going horizontally. I also used 2 different embossing folders on the same paper to give 2 totally different looks.


 Card 1: Paper from Best of Crate Paper Edition embossed with (Nellie Snellen) Swirls 1 Embossing Folder. 


Card 2: Same paper embossed using the Damask Embossing folder by PortaCraft. 



 The next 3 are a quilted style that I totally love and adore.



Card 3: Left over 1" pattern paper scraps arranged in a somewhat organised chaos formation using the Henna Embossing folder by Darice.




Card 4- Various 1" patterned paper scraps and the same Swirls Embossing Folder as previous.



Card 5: Various 1" patterned paper scraps and the Sweet Flowers Embossing folder by Portacraft.


You know you've done a good job when you don't want to send any of the things you've made to your swap partner. My secret is I always make 2 :)


Swap 2: Origami Gift Card Holder


I made this amazingly simple yet stunningly awesome gift card holder using this tutorial I found on Youtube.

This is what I am sending my swap partner:


 As you may or may not know, I have a thing for "Gorjuss" as does my swap partner so I'm sure she'll love my hand made Project life-style card. I have also started falling for fairies this late in life ;)


I really enjoyed making these little babies so I made a whole more.


So if you've never considered swapping, I'd like to extend you a welcome. You can find me on Swapbot as: AmirainOz 

And who knows, we just might be swap partners :)

Hope you have a lovely week.

xxAmira


Comments