Skip to main content

1 , 2 , 3 Art Journal Page

Hello everyone,

I am participating in an art journal page swap where I have specific prompts to follow so I thought I would turn on the camera and film the process while I created this layout.


 I started off by grabbing my Draw and Wash Paper Pad by Art Spectrum and my Ken Oliver Colour Bursts and these will be my starting tools.



Step #1:

To make the background, I used my Colour Bursts in:
- Cerulean Blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Violet


I did mist the page with a fine mister both before and after applying the CBs.


I added more colour with my Distress Crayons.


I also added gesso through a punchinella stencil for more texture.


Step #2

Add collage elements.
Here I added tissue paper ...



..and book pages. 


Step #3

I used Tim Holtz Paper Dolls as my elements to apply 1, 2 and 3 of people.



I decided on this layout I the end.
I felt it told a better story.


Step #4

To add the sentiment, I used chipboard alphabet stickers.
Here I coloured them in with my Vintage Sepia ink pad.




Step #5

To finish off my page, I added more fibres using hessian as well as darkened the edges of the page with more Distress Crayons. 

I also added some more sentiments using Tim Holtz sticker clippings.








You can watch this process video on my channel HERE

Thank you for stopping by.

xxAmira











Comments