Skip to main content

Wax Resist Background ATCs



Hi everyone,

Catching up on my June ATCs for my Aussie East-West Swappers Groups

Today the technique is: Wax Resist Background and requires a wax roll which can be found alongside  parchment and baking paper in the kitchen aisle of your grocery store.

In addition to the wax roll, I also decided to use my embossing folders to add pattern to the wax roll.


These I sent through my Sizzix Big Shot to create a lovely pattern ...


Which can be ironed on sandwiched in between 2 pieces of paper (wax side down).


Next, I used my Distress Inks to add color and then used tissue paper to rub away any excess ink which is resisted by the wax pattern.


The colors I used are:
- Fossilised Amber
- Victorian Velvet
- Abandoned Coral
- Tumbled Glass

Set #1

For my Fossilised Amber backgrounds, I created a bee theme and used a hexagon Alterations die.



 Set #2

For my Victorian Velvet backgrounds, I created a tea theme using doilies, crepe paper, tulle and ribbon.
I also used the High Tea die-cut elements by Kaisercraft.



 Set #3

For my Tumbled Glass backgrounds, I used the trellis Alteration Die along with crepe paper and metallic cord. 
I also used the Golden Grove Tea die-cut elements by Kaisercraft.



 Set #4

 For my Abandoned Coral backgrounds, I extended my short front with this pretty lace and then layered elements like the trellis die-cut, heshian texture and metallic cord. 
I also used dimensional stickers from my local dollar store.




On each of my ATCs, I used Tim Holtz sticker clippings to add appropriate sentiments.

The process video for how I made these ATCs can be found HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Let me know your favourite ATC in the comments below.

Happy crafting.

xxAmiraInOz

Comments