Skip to main content

Art Journal Swap ~ The Story Teller~ Collaboration with Suzanne Johnston

Hi everyone,

Im back with another art journal layout for my collaboration with my fellow design team member Suzanne Johnston.

Earlier in the year, Suzanne and I swapped an envelope full of die-cuts and prompts and today I picked one of these prompts to make an art layout.

The art journal that I am working in is one I made myself and if you are interesting in making one, please check out my DIY tutorial HERE.

From the prompts, I selected this dress which has a very meaningful sentiment.

"Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered".



I teamed it with a stamp from my collection called Lady Jude by Kaisercraft.







For the background, I chose the color Antique Linen from Set 3 of the Distress Crayon Range by Ranger.

I then added texture paste through 2 stencils:

- Mosaic by Tim Holtz / Ranger
- 03 Mixed Media text by Cadence



Next I removed some of the texture paste text and stamped this rose and coloured it in using Distress Crayons from Set 2 (Festive Berries & Peeled Paint).


I coloured the lady in with Chipped Sapphire and the mosiacs with Seedless Preserves.

Next, I added the prompt to the layout on the left and topped it off with a 3D butterfly from my stash.




On the right, I stamped into the background and added some more gesso to recede it back before adding washi tape along the top and bottom 


and this pretty flower die-cut from my stash.


Lastly, I used Tim Holtz sticker clippings to add the sentiment.



And I finished it off by inking the edges and using my black gel pen to outline around the words.

And here is my layout.

I have a process video for you HERE.
Thank you for stopping by.
xxAmira










Comments