Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2015- August Tag

Dear Reader,

I couldn't wait to get to this month's tag- I really loved the look of Tim's and knew exactly the picture I was going to use for mine!

This is Tim's tag for August:

And here is mine!!




This tag uses a very special picture I have of my Mom and my Nanna!!



I love the way my Nanna is looking up at Mom. Like she is SO PROUD of her.
I think my Mom knew it too.



I thought the phrase I use here was very appropriate. Because my Mom really does leave a sparkle everywhere she goes. Her house is spotless!!


I love these acetate / 3D butterflies and they seemed so appropriate to use here.



I also love this tag with the brad because it features cities in Egypt where both my parents were born and raised.

This tag was very special to me and I know I can not give it away so I made another one for my swap partner. 

And here it is. Can you guess who this famous person is?


Let me give you a hint:


She is from the UK and she is associated with a lantern.


I love this quote for her because she was associated with very dark times in history and she always left a light out for people to find their way back home.


I also thought these air mail ephemeras were very appropriate for the times when she lived.
I also love the layered die cuts showing through all the inked and distressed areas of the tag.
As I said, this month's tag taught me a LOT about how to use my dies to layer effectively.

Here are the two tags side by side:


Two very different looks but I love them both equally.

Thank you for stopping by and did you guess who the famous person is?
Leave me a comment below.
xxAmiraInoz




Comments

  1. I really adore your tags Amira. They look stunning and the colors are vibrant. Your mother is so beautiful and so is your Nanna :) I believe she is Miss Nightingale the famous person? You have a new follower today ;) Have a grand day. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Asmah..I really appreciate your kind words and the comment (hooray for comments!)..and you are correct it is Florence Nightingale whose story has fascinated me since my university days..need to get ahold of her personal letters to her sister! She talks about Turkey with the romance of a traveller !! xxA

      Delete

Post a Comment