Skip to main content

Robots & Gears- a perfect combination!

Dear Reader:

As you may or may not know, I have 2 boys and for as long as I can remember, it has been a struggle for me to make masculine cards. Well, I think I have broken through that fear barrier because I really enjoy making boy cards now. 

I found this great free digital robot stamp here and went to work colouring them in using my Kaiser Fusion markers. 


And because I love to, I fussy cut them out giving me 12 images for robot cards...woohoo!!

Now, what better embellishment to use with robots than gears. 


I thought I would give Kaisercraft's  Cogs die-set a try.

So I usually begin making a card by picking out patterned paper for a background and adhere it to my white card leaving about a quarter of an inch border.


Next, I cut the gears out of black card stock and place them where I would like them on the background.


Next, I matted my chosen robot image to black card stock, which I then adhered to contrasting colour card stock leaving a quarter-inch border.


Next thing- a sentiment! I picked a sentiment out of this pack I've had for ages:
Kaisercraft's Attitude collection.


Adhere sentiment and any other elements you feel are needed (this is intuitive).


I kinda got the feeling that something was still missing....

Wait! I know!!!

TADA!!!


I love him!!!

And for the inside, I kept it pretty simple.



A project life card and a gear.

For the next card, I chose the colour of the card stock for the gears to match my robot.
I then pulled out my distress inks and inked up the gears a little to give them an aged look.


I arranged them in a different formation and added my sentiment.


See how the colors match the robot and the palette of the sentiment.

I felt like the top left corner was a little empty so I thought I would add just one more element.


Looks good.

So here they are, side by side :


You'll notice that I added eyes to the second robot. A little story exists behind that. When I showed my kids my cards this morning (I usually craft at night after they go to bed), they insisted I put googley eyes on the green robot too. But then I told them that red heart robot was not going to be unique if they both had the same kind of eyes. So then I remembered I had another mini gears die-set by I.O. and now I feel that this card is complete.

It just goes to show you that the more tiny details you add, the better your work of art turns out.

Thank you so much for stopping by.
I hope you have found inspiration here.
xxAmiraInOz

Comments