Skip to main content

Mixed Media Art Layout ~ The Long Road to Mecca


Hi everyone,

Today I am bringing you a Middle Eastern theme art journal layout using this beautiful die I recently bought from SU called Night in Bethlehem.

The background was done using a mixture of Dandelion and Moroccan inks from Momento Luxe as well as some Distress Oxides ( Spiced Marmalade , Wild Honey and Abandoned Coral).



I then added some ink through stencils as well as some texture paste through stencils to achieve a textured background.


Next, I cut the die out of both black and white card stock. For the white card stock,  I used Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist - Van Dyke Sepia to give the houses a weathered brown look and then stamped a crackle effect using the Kaisercraft stamp Crackle.




To achieve the Sahara sand effect at the bottom, I used Seth Apter's Baked Texture in Ancient Amber and adhered it using glycerol (to replace my embossing pad which is rather dry and would not work well with this thick embossing powder) and heat set it.




Next, I stamped the sentiment on old book paper and then inked the edges and adhered it to both side after much deliberation.

The extra quote in black was from a Tim Holtz small talk sticker book.


I love how it turned out.
If you love watching the process of how these pages come together, I have a video for you HERE


Thank you for stopping by.
xxAmira


Comments