Skip to main content

Traveler's Notebook - Memory Keeping Layout - Heart and Soul


Hello everyone,

I sat down to make a quick layout in my traveler's notebook using this photo of my mom.

My objective in this layout was to use up as much scrap paper from my scrap bucket as I could so I started by matching papers to the colors of my photo.



I decided to create a cluster of doily, tag and a few stickers around the photo.




Next, I added a sticker which replaced journaling in this layout and which pretty much captured my thoughts.

I also found some washi which also felt like the right sentiment and which I placed along the bottom of the right hand side layout to close the slight gap there.


I found a project life card that ended up being the title of my layout and which pretty much captured the sentiment of the piece.

The other wonderful feature in this layout are the fussy cut flowers which I strategically (and painstakingly) placed on both pages.


Here is the final layout : 
an ode to my beautiful mom who always make my world a little bit brighter. 


You can watch the process video HERE

Thank you for stopping by.

Have a lovely day.

xxAmira





Comments