Skip to main content

GORJUSS ~ Little Fishes ~ Easel Cards

Hello crafty girls!

It is the project you have been waiting for!
YES!
Today I am using the Gorjuss Stamp ~ Little Fishes!!!

Will you look at how utterly GORGEOUS this is!!



I wanted to recreate this scene on a card and make it more dimensional.
Let's see how this goes shall we?

So I start off by inking her on some Neenah Solar white card stock (VERA TO LINK)


Next I stamp out the rock onto kraft card stock. 
Check out the process video (link below) to see how I did this.
I also inked up 'the rock' with Iced Spruce and Gathered Twigs to give it more interest



Next, I fussy cut the girl out to see how she was going to look on the rock.
Looking good!
I really like how her hands are placed on the rock like she is leaning on it.


This is what she looks like after I shaded her in with Prima watercolours.

Notice her legs?
They still have the watermarks on them from the stamp.
Not to worry, I will show you how I fixed this.
Do you like her as a brunette?

I did make another one and she's a blonde..



Next I stamped out the companions critters from the stamp set, water coloured and fussy cut them.



Next I stamped out the bottom part of the image (minus rock and girl)


... and water coloured with a mixture of blues and greens.


 Here are the girls once more, one was stamped with her legs and the other ... not (LOL).
I propped them onto the rock using foam tape and also made a double layer of rock.
I love how they come off the card.





For the brunette:

I popped the water color feature up so it was facing the viewer using foam tape...


 and applied a quick water color "feature" to the base of the card.


I then added the cut out critters so that it looked like they were all swimming towards her legs and the crab was creeping out of the water to say hello (she is brave and is not afraid!)

Next, I took my liquid pearls and added dimensional squiggle marks to the bottom part of the card to emulate the waves in the top water feature.

 

All a girl needs now is a tackle box by her side and a lighthouse to guide her ....
and VOILA!


 I did add glossy accents to the fish and the crab to make them look like they were glistening out of the water.




That tackle box is adorable!
It did come in the September kit but if you wanted to buy it on it's own, check it out here



 For the blonde:

Instead of liquid pearls, I made squiggly lines with glossy accents ...



and then covered them with Ice Resin ...



Here is how that turned out!















So there you have it, 2 simple ways to turn that stamp into a feature you can sit out on your mantle.

Watch the process video HERE.

Please leave me a comment below and tell me which is your favourite: the brunette or the blonde?

Hope you have found some inspiration here.
xxAmira

Comments