Skip to main content

Little Projects for busy times: ATC's and Paper Clip Art

Dear Reader,

Sometimes I don't feel like making a big project that takes planning and time.
Sometimes, I just want to sit down and make lots off little projects and use up little bits of my stash.

A stamp set like this 'Little Fishes' by Santoro is the PERFECT thing for just that!


Apart from the large 'Gorjuss' girl, you have the little accessories which you can use to make hand made embellishments and other short projects like ATC's.


I found myself stamping and humming to myself one night this week and little de-stress session yielded many goodies that I will be passing onto fellow crafters as RAKs, thank you and swaps.

ATC's

I combined the stamp with the Liquid Pearls and the Ice resin to make some pretty ATC's for this month's ATC swap in our ATC group.




I heat embossed some and not others...




... each of my ATC's is just a bit different than the other.


I enjoyed adding Nuvo Crystal drops to the fish to add dimension and to make it seem like the koi fish were glistening as they bobbed up from the water.

2- Hand made Embellishments

I really love this pretty mini stamp.


You can do so much with it.

You can cut out the middle rectangle and just color in the girl to be used where you need her in your project 


Or you could layer her with nested rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies for a more layered embellishment 


and don't forget to add the other mini stamps in the set


Speaking of the other stamps!
You can combine them with the koi fish to make their own thing.


3- Paper Clip Art

But by the far, my most favourite thing to do when I just want to sit down to relax is to make paper clip art.











4- Ice Resin

One product I truly enjoyed playing with in this kit is this Ice Resin

I did some research and found out that it was predominantly used by jewellery artists.
I watched a few YT videos where Susan Lenart herself demonstrates how she uses the product.
I remembered that I still had some item from this charm pack from the August Kit:


So I decided to give it a whirl :)



The Dimensional Magic looks cloudy upon initial application but it does dry clear leaving your jewellery looking pretty spectacular!



I'm super impressed!
Maybe I need to look into jewellery making LOL

I attached it to a paper clip with a jump ring for now and I might just use it as a book marker for a while.


And here is every I made :)




I hope you have a chance to sit down and make some embellishments for your stash.
xxAmira

Comments