Skip to main content

Halloween Play Challenge #2- Moonlit Owl

Welcome back to Day #2 of the Halloween Play Challenge.

Today I am playing with this beauty- another favourite of mine.


The beauty of this die is that it cuts the design into your card front and leaves a negative space for you to create an amazing background.

Yesterday I played with oranges and today Im playing with purples!

I pulled out my Distress Inks in the following colors and made an ombre background.


This is what I mean about the die cutting the design into your card front.


I also used a second die from Halloween Scripts (coming up in a later process video- I promise) as the sentiment at the bottom.


This die makes card making SO simple. 
It gives you a chance to focus more on your background colors and techniques *hint hint*.

I re-inserted the word die (which I cut out from metallic gold patterned paper) and I love the contrast of it against the purple background peeking in between (since yellow and purple are complimentary colors on the color wheel).


And for a much loved fun factor- I did add GOOGLY eyes!


The crescent moon and the bats feature here again (from yesterday's Haunted house).

And here is the final product :)


The process video for this can be found HERE

Remember, if you are inspired by this video, go ahead and take a picture of your project and upload it to Halloween Challenge Album in the FB Group.

There are 3 prizes up for grabs and the more times you enter a different project into the album, the more chances you have to win one of the amazing prizes.
Read more about the challenge HERE (original blog post)

So what are you waiting for?
Go make something amazing and have fun while you are at it!!

Happy Halloween Crafting.
xxAmira

Comments