Skip to main content

DIY Planner Cover ~ Floral Sweetheart ~ Carta Bella

Hello Crafty Friends,

I still have a second paper of the Sweetheart Floral 12" x 12" from Carta Bella.


I had it sitting next to my planner the other day 


And I thought to myself, wouldn't it be awesome if they had a planner with this paper?

And then the idea struck!!
Why not re-create this exact planner cover using this paper!!

I started off by measuring my planner and cut my paper to the following size:
- 11.25" W x 8.5" H
- Score @5.25" and 6" along the width.

Next, the pockets.
For this I used black card stock from American Crafts.

Cut one large pocket @ 5"W x 6.25"H

- Score @ 0.5" and 4.5" along the width
- Score @ 5.75" along the height

Cut one small pocket @5" W x 4.25"H

- Score @ 0.5" and 4.5" along the width
- Score @ 3.75" along the height


Attach the smaller pockets to the large left hand side pocket and then attach the left pocket to the inside planner cover. I used a combination of double sided tape and PVA glue to do this.

This is what it looks like once you have decorated it.

Do not attach the right pocket yet.

Next it's time to work on the pen loop

I cut black card stock to 2.5" W x 1" H
- Score at 0.5" along the width and tuck under the pocket using double sided tape /or PVA glue.

Mould to the shape of a pen loop.

Decorated closure plus functional pen loop


Next, it's time to attach the closure.

I cut black card stock to 3.5" W x 1" H
- Score at 0.5" along the width and tuck under the pocket using double sided tape /or PVA glue.
Round the corners if you like.

Now it's time to attach the right pocket to the right hand side of the planner cover.

This is what it looks like once the right pocket is attached and decorated.
Pocket allows you to slip your planner in there if you wish!


Every planner needs some paper clips and some pretty tags.

I made these out of the paper cut aparts and the Crate Paper Embellishment pack.



The back of the paper clips look like this (because I know a lot of people wonder).
The paper clip is sandwiched between 2 pieces of paper.





All thats left to do is embellish your cover just a little.


And you have a fully functional, totally gorgeous planner cover!!





Check out my process video HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by.
Who is wins you vote?
Pineapple or Racoon?

xxAmira

Comments