Skip to main content

Love & Art- TM Memory Keeping Layout

Hello crafty friends!

Love & Art !!

Yup! 

Valentine's Day is right around the corner.

And speaking of love, can I just say how much I LOVE the Carta Bella 'Hello Sweetheart" paper collection in the February Kit!!

I loved the flowers in this paper so I knew I wanted to fussy cut them out and use them somehow.


I loved a few elements from this journaling cards paper- namely Zoro and the salt and pepper shaker.


Loved the ombre hearts here and I wanted to incorporate them somehow.


The VIKING!!!
And the striped black and white!!
No more needs to be said!


And since it's almost Valentine's Day, I thought I would do a memory keeping layout of my own resident Viking (shhhh don't tell HIM that!).


I started off in a DIY Traveler's Notebook Insert that I made myself.

I choose a page that picked up hubby's blue shirt as a good starting point.

Next, I created layers underneath the picture using the black and white striped paper and the pink heart patterned paper



I decided to 'tear' some papers to make it look more visually interesting.


Next, I cut a 0.75" vertical strip of the Ombre Hearts paper and used it as a border on the right hand side of the layout.



I then fussy cut the salt and pepper shaker out and added it as an element on the bottom right hand corner.



You can also see that I layered more bits of paper underneath the bottom part of the  picture.

And I put part of the sentiment at the top of the page to bring the eye form the top of the layout to the bottom of the page.




For the left hand side of the TN layout, I decided to fussy cut those beautiful flowers and create a border around the page.


I also doodled around the flowers to fill in some of the empty page.



Next, the sentiment!

This was an old song that I had heard earlier in the week and it was still stuck in my head (as songs do) and I thought it was VERY appropriate for hubby and I.



Next comes Mr Viking!


He looks so charming surrounded by flowers don't you think?



And even vikings can give you their heart!

So here is my entire layout!!



I love how it turned out.

Catch my process video HERE

Here's an idea
Print off a picture of one special person in your life, stick it into a notebook and write down the first thing that comes to your mind when you see their face. 

Maybe even pick a paper that matches their shirt and you are done!!
Memory keeping in February- tick!

Share your 'Valentine' with us on the group- we would love to see your special person.

xxAmira








Comments