Skip to main content

Flower Jars for Artist Trading Cards ~ September ATC Swap





Hi everyone,

I have a quick share for my 4th and final September Kit project using this wonderful Stampendous cling rubber stamp - Flower Jars.



I needed to make some ATC's for my monthly ATC group swap and these flowers are just the right size for a 2.5" x 3.5" artist trading card.

I went ahead and stamped these images using Archiva, Black ink onto water color paper.
I then used my Sakura watercolors to color them in one night while we were watching Australian Survivor (are you watching that??).

I then broke out my Pixscan mat (LOVE THIS BABY) and asked it to pretty please fussy cut them for me ....


and voila!!!


Check it out !! 
I am so happy to be at this stage of using my Cameo for crafting :)

Next it was time to make a background for my ATCs.

I used an A4 piece of mixed media paper and I created a frenzy.
 I didn't take a picture at this stage but I have a picture of it at this stage when I had cut them down to 2"x 3" cards.


There were a few steps in creating this background.
1- Glue down book pages
2- Go around book pages with different color of gelatos 
3- Apply texture paste through stencil in random places
4- Allow to dry and sand back texture paste
 5- Cut A4 down to 2"x 3" cards
6- Apply white gesso on every card 
7- Apply Black Soot Distress Ink to raised texture paste areas and around edges. 


I love the grungy look of these.



Which is why adding the floral stamped images makes it look so interesting.



Like a beautiful flower growing in a concrete parking lot.




Out of place - yet even more beautiful.




Here they all are in a row :)





Thank you for stopping by.

Check out the #makingdaisychains September Kit HERE

xx Amira

Comments