Skip to main content

DIY Vintage Travel Journal ~ No elastics and no holes binding


Hi everyone,

Continuing on from my previous tutorial where I created mini books by deconstructing that mini bookmark kit I picked up in Hong Kong, I wanted to create a travel journal in pretty much the same way.

If you missed my bookmark process video, you can find it HERE


The DIY bookmark tutorial is HERE



Here it is!


I love it. 

I used travel themed paper and a gorgeous paper from my Round the World - Stamperia Collection.


The great thing about this journal is that I glued each page straight into the spine without needing elastics or making any holes. 


And I tried something new this time which is embossing a piece of leather and using it as a closure along with an eyelet and twine.

Here are some dimensions if you want to make your own

Chipboard Covers (2x)

4 3/8"W x 6 3/8" H 

Chipboard Spine
1 1/4" W x 6 3/8" H

Canvas Covering
7 1/2" x 2" W

Front Card Stock Covers (2)
5" W x 8"H


Card Stock Spine
1 1/4" W x 6 3/8" H


Inside cover
9 3/4" W x 5 7/8" H


You will find the tutorial HERE




I hope you give this a try.
xx Amira











Comments