Skip to main content

Glitter Spring Cards ~ Sparkle and Wicked


Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever sent you a big bottle of green glitter?

Nuvo Pure Sheen Glitter



What does one do with a big bottle of green glitter?


Just kidding!!!

As soon as I saw that bottle of glitter I knew that I was going to use it compare texture paste against matt medium.

Remember this stencil by Kaisercraft? 


It was perfect for my little experiment.

Team Beaker - assemble!

Related image


 For card #1, I mixed the glitter with texture paste (Jo Sonya) using my palette knife


and applied it evenly through the stencil.


Since texture paste is heavy bodied, it went down smoothly with minimal seepage under the stencil.
This is the reveal.


For card #2, I used Liquitex Matt Medium and once again poured on some glitter. 



I perhaps added a little more glitter here as matt medium is a lot runnier than texture paste so I attempted to achieve the same thick paste so that I didn't get any seeping under the stencil.



Here is the reveal



And here they are side by side


I must say that there was no GREAT difference between the 2 mediums.
The added PRO of using both mediums is that you will not get a single flake of glitter off your project once it has dried. The glitter is firmly embedded in there!

The card using the matt medium is a little bit more "sparklier" then that texture medium card and I put that down to the fact that texture paste is white and matt medium dries clear but really there is just as much glitter on the texture paste card so if you have either of the mediums, go ahead and use which ever one you have and you will achieve the same great result.

To finish off these cards, I reached for 2 very different Halloween ephemera packs.

The first is from a Doodlebug "Booville" collection and I chose elements for a more spring (rather than Halloween) theme.



The second is a Tim Holtz Halloween pack and once again, I tried to chose elements that were more spring related albeit a bit "wicked". This second card got turned into a pocket and I love how it looks. 


Here is how they turned out.





Watch the entire process video on my YT channel HERE

Thank you for stopping by today.
xx Amira

Comments