Skip to main content

Five Fabulous Autumn Leaf Cards

Hello crafty folks!

I am having so much fun playing with the April Kit ~ All the leaves are brown too (2018).

My favourite item from this kit is by far this stitched leaf die by Lawn Fawn.


I die-cut leaves out of water color paper and had a whole heap of fun spraying them to make all sorts of different coloured leaves.




I knew I had to make leaf cards- I just felt the need for it so here are 5 Autumn themed leaf cards to make you happy today :)

Card 1- Hey there Foxy

When I saw the Fox cut apart I knew this was always going to be a card. Foxy is the focal point here. I layered him up with 2 vertical striped papers and also decided to do torn edges to give more of a 'ragged' look. 

I transferred the rub-on onto yellow and added that to the bottom and I love the sheer effect it gives.
I added 2 clusters of leaves: one in the top right with an oval piece of ephemera .. 


.. and one in the bottom left layered on top of raffia!


The colors are so fab!!

Card 2: Fall is in the air (I)

This card came together very quickly once I designed it.
I did at first think to seperate the polaroid frame but then decided to leave it as a peek-a-boo feature.
I laid down a mess of raffia making sure it would poke out from under the polaroid frame feature element. Next, I propped up the frame element with 3D foam squares to give more dimension.

I put a strip of washi to act as a hinge and when you open the window ... 


.. you see a little fox laying in his little cubby hole sleeping.
This ephemera fox is back up brown and white polka dot paper.


I then arranged clusters of leaves in 3 corners.

Card 3: Fall is in the air (II)

This is a super easy card to assemble and really it's just a matter of matching the journal card with the background paper and adding a tag and a tab. I used a rub-on to add the sentiment on the tag and then I added a cascade of leaves on the right.
Super easy and super effective.




Card 4: Fall Blessings

When you layers, and leaves and then add Prima flowers, you actually get magic!!



Look at this beautiful cluster which just lifts an ordinary card to a supreme work of beauty.




Fall blessings indeed :)


Card 5: Pumpkin Spice

I love pumpkins! 
I love them in soup, I love them roasted with olive oil and salt and pepper and now I love them on my cards.
A single embellishment paired with raffia and a beautiful array Autumn coloured leaves and a lone fish tail banner make this such an interesting card and inspiring card.



Notice no background paper- straight onto the blank card! 

And here they all are for one big group hug !





I have a process video for you HERE

Which is your favourite? 
Leave me a comment and let me know.

xx Amira

Comments