Skip to main content

National Scrapbooking Day 2018 ~ Rescrap your old layout #2 ~ Loved


Hey everyone,

Are you ready for another sketch to re-scrap another layout??

Here it is (Although as you'll soon see, I sort of didn't stick to it)


And here is the original layout that I wanted to re-scrap.


Cute picture- totally needs a re-scrap though- not so fond of terracotta and yellow. 
Or flower punch art!!

I am in love with this cork patterned paper from the May Kit  from Aunty Vera Scrap & Craft.
It's the back of this 3"x4" journaling cards paper from Echo Park (which in itself gave me a lot of grief- see the video).


I also totally loved this yellow cross stitched pattern paper. 
The back of another 4"x4" journaling card paper. 
Another dilemma!



From the May Kit, I also reached for the I'd rather be crafting co-ordingating solid papers and chose the teal and yellow combination.


This is what I used to matt the photo.



I also decided to only use half of each paper and wrestled with which journaling cards to keep and which to sacrifice.


In this layout, I used a die set from my stash called Scribbles and Splat (Sizzix) which gave me some wonderful texture to work with.

I used the same coloured  coordinating solids paper - yellow and teal.




I also used another die set called Handwritten Love (also by Sizzix) to die-cut words that I placed around the layout.

For the layout, I used chipboard alpha stickers from my stash and titled my layout "Loved" which I took from this poem which I recycled from the old layout.








I chose to add a layer of vellum behind my photo which gave it a really lovely soft look and in the top left hand corner, I added torn strips of yellow and teal paper.


A large feature in my son's photo is the sunflower and I managed to find layered sunflower stickers in my stash which I placed in multiple places around the layout.



And one single gorgeous yellow butterfly!




This layout was a joy to make!!

So here is my new and improved layout, my layout makeover, my re-scrapped layout!!



So beautiful !
So deserving of this picture of my son aged 7 months (way back when).

I'm so pleased with it.

Here it is - the before and after shot!!


What do you think??

Check out the process video HERE

Stay tuned for layout #3 coming soon!

In the meantime, have you flipped through your own albums looking for a photo you would like to re-scrap with your current supplies and your current know-how?

Please do!
And join my challenge over on the FB Group Page
Post your creations in THIS ALBUM for my Challenge.

See you soon.
xxAmira

Comments