Skip to main content

Stamping with your dies ~ Autumn Tags

Hi everyone,

I needed to sit down to make an Autumn Tag featuring a face so I pulled out my Penny Black Muse stamp, a few ink blocks by Ranger and my Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaf dies from the April Aunty Vera Kit and got cracking!!



I also grabbed some fun foam and die-cut a whole heap of foam leaves (the color of the foam does not matter).

Choosing the 3 smallest leaves, I attached 3 layers to a stamping block with double sided sticky tape and stamped a pretty leaf dress for each of my girls.


Ink cube colors I used are:
- Fired Brick
- Gathered Twig
- Mowed Lawn 
- Victorian Velvet

This is how their dresses turned out!!


Next, I painted in their skin color using my Decadent Pie water color set from Prima and the girls all got changed into their dresses.


Next, the girls all went to the salon for hair treatment.
I added double sided tape along the hair area like so....



.. and filled in the hair with raffia. YES! Raffia :)

I even made a raffia braid ! Who says Im afraid of crafting with raffia.

This is how their hair do turned out.

Make sure you check out how I did that on the process video because there is a little trick to it.




Next, the girls all got some embellishments with leaves in their hair matching their eye color.



Last of all, time to convert these pretty girls into tags.
For this I backed the girls with pattern paper from the April Kit.

Here they are- my completed Autumn tags for my swap partners.


Why are there now 4 girls I hear you ask? The polka red and white girl was my prototype and the trio of sisters was what I filmed for my process video. :)

Here are all the girls:


Face close up- 









You can find the process video HERE.

Do try converting your dies into stamps!
It will extend your stamp collection!

Let me know which girl is your fav in the comments below.

xx Amira











Comments