Skip to main content

National Scrapbooking Day 2018 ~ Rescrap your old layout #3 ~ JOY

Hey everyone,

I have another re-scrap for you!

This is the one I am most embarrassed to share with you!!


It looks like I was experimenting with stamping and chalking and well, it doesn't look too good to me right now (I don't know if it ever did).

Here is the sketch I will be following.



I started off choosing a pink and teal color scheme for the layout.

I then went about cutting strips of patterned paper from the I'd rather be Crafting Echo Park collection in the May Kit from Aunty Vera Scrap & Craft.




The strips are 6" tall and vary in wide from 1" to 3".

The teal paper is 5.75"H x 11.5"W.

I also decided that the picture need another patterned paper to matt behind it.
(although I did trim the matt a little bit more after taking this picture as I realised it was a little too large).


Next, I dipped into my stash and I mean my OLD collectables because I pulled out this 2014 collection from Kaisercraft called Hello Sunshine- full of cute little animals and sentiments.





As I was them down on the strips of patterned paper, I thought how amazing would it look to have these stitched on.

And I did just that!

I took this layout to my sewing machine and did a zigzag stitch with white thread and it turned out great!!







Fixing my title mistake

There is a story here.

I originally used this old plastic domed alpha sticker pack which I thought would match the colors and the playfulness of the layout. But when I was finished and was taking pictures, I realised I HATED the product I had used.



I ripped it off and of course, it tore the paper underneath.

So I patched it up using a few more strips of red and teal paper.




I then added this much more beautiful and appropriate chipboard alpha stickers (from my stash- bought from Aldi).

And I instantly felt better about making the change to a better product.











So here is my new and improved layout, my layout makeover, my re-scrapped layout!!


So beautiful !
So playful and appropriate for this baby picture of my son at age 3 months!


Here is the before and after shot!!



What a difference!!

Check out the process Video HERE

Ive got ONE MORE layout coming soon!

In the meantime, have you flipped through your own albums looking for a photo you would like to re-scrap with your current supplies and your current know-how?

Please do!
And join my challenge over on the FB Group Page
Post your creations in THIS ALBUM for my Challenge.

See you soon.
xxAmira




Comments