Skip to main content

DIY COMIC COLLAGE SHOES - Marvel Scrapbooking Kit



 Hi everyone,

When I first opened this kit, a crazy thought ran in my head!!
And that thought was - Wouldn't it be awesome if I could collage shoes with these superhero papers?
I felt brave enough to give it a try!

So, I skipped out to K-mart and bought canvas shoes. 

The first thing I needed to do was make a 1:1 mixture of PVA glue and water.
Next, I unlaced my shoes and scrunched up some magazine and stuffed it into my shoe so that the canvas was stretched taut.


Next, I cut out pieces of the scrapbooking paper that I thought would look good on the shoes.


Then I started adding them on.


When it came to the front of the shoe, I snipped along the curve to allow the paper to curve nicely with the curve of the shoe.


At times, I used my bone folder to work it in and at times I used my nails.


I also applied the collage to the tongue of the shoe.


Once both shoes were collaged on both sides,
I allowed them to dry for 24 hours.


I then inspected the shoes and filled any gaps before adding a second layer of glue, this time, Mod Podge and then allowed the shoes to dry for another 24 hours.


Next, it was time to sand down any rough edges.


Before a second addition of Mod Podge and another 24 hour drying time wait.




TADA!!
It is now time to lace up those super hero shoes!!



I bought these shoes in my son's size and he was SUPER happy when we got to try them on.











Check out my process video for this project HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by.
xx Amira


Comments