Skip to main content

We R Memory Keepers ~ Happy Jig ~ An Honest Review

Hey Everyone,

I was SO excited when I heard (at Scraptivation) that We R Memory Keepers was bringing ou the Happy Jig and so when it landed at Aunty Vera Land , I ordered one straight away.


This is the Happy Jig by We R memory Keepers.



It makes wire embellishments for your craft projects as well as paper clip embellishments which is mainly why I bought this baby.

Let me tell you straight off the bat that I am NOT an wire artist.
I have no experience working with wire and I quickly realised that there was special way to unwind wire because if you just did any old thing, your wire would become kinked and it would show in your projects.

Aunty Vera stocks all the wires by We R Memory Keepers but I would suggest you go for the multi packs which come with several different colors.



But since I bought the Jig Starter pack, 


it came with some coloured wires so I went ahead and ordered a whole roll of the pretty pink wire.


On the back of the packaging, you can see an example of some of the embellishments you can make with the happy Jig.

Looks great right??



When you open the packaging, you will find pegs, a wire cutter and a manual which has many designs of cool things you can create. 


Do read the manual!
If is very important!

I started off by making the steaming coffee cup embellishment of course.

It did take some time wrap my head around the different measurements (you have 2 - one for the embellishment version and one for the paper clip version). 

It also took some time to pick out pegs and insert them properly in their positions.
You need to make sure to click in TWICE for the pegs to stay.
Punching the pegs out from the back is also a trick- watch out for UFOs!



Next, I decided to make there word hello!!

How awesome does this paper clip look!!

Also loving the blue wire color.


Next I created this big arrow!
I had an issue with the wire being too long here so I wrapped it around itself a few times- you could always cut it down.



Next, I tried to make this heart.
I think this design by WRMK is flawed.
They suggest you leave the 2 ends meeting like that- I couldn't possibly see how the heart could stay in shape that way, so I decided to join it using washi tape.




I did try to repeat it using florist wire- which is a sturdier wire than the copper tape they use for Jig projects.


I did have a go at designing my own wire embellishments.
Here I tried to spell me name (but how to simulate the dot of the "I"?)
It's also a bit wonky- need more practise.



I made this one for my teen.
It turned out better and he liked it.
It's on his key chain.


next I tried to make a Masterchef Immunity Pin.
See the kinks in the wire.
Hmmm - definitely need more practise unrolling that wire.


Here are some more embellishments I made.
Tried to reproduce the wire hanger paper clip (hmmmm) and the sign of the Deathly Hallows (its a good attempt but once again needs more practise)


I will say by this stage it was a good hour of playing with wire and my fingers were throbbing!
They were pretty sore the next day too and texting was not fun LOL

 Check out the review on my YT channel HERE



I will also say that WRMK has a JIG IG account which released new designs weekly.
They are pretty cool and Ive been screen shotting them and saving them for another day of wire play.

Do you have the JIG?
What has been your experience?
I'd love to know tips and tricks you have come across to make things easier.

xxAmira

Comments