Skip to main content

The StoryTeller Series~ #iamflorarose ~ Chapter ~ An afternoon to remember


Hi everyone,

I am so excited to share Chapter 4 of the Flora Rose story with you all today. 

In chapter 4, we learn more about what Flora studied at the Academy and what she plans to do with her skills now that she has settled back into the swing of life at Fort St. George.  

Chapter 4 also sees the introduction of yet another male character in Flora's life- one she takes an instant dislike to but it's not that easy as he is introduced to her by none other than her father and he turns out to be the Captain of the Guard of the garrison. 

You can catch Chapter 4 HERE

And now, lets get this thought process started!!

I start the video off by showing you my art journal- it has now come back to me after 3 rounds and you can see what the other girls have added to my art journal.

So we all worked in our own books for Round 1- this was my page.


I then sent my book over to Jane whose character is Emilie and this was her contribution for Round 2.


I love the textures and fabrics that define Emilie's love for couture so much here!

My book then traveled to Ruth whose character is Constance for Round 3.


I am still in awe of the fine artistry that Ruth delights us with in every single round!!
The detail on the castle and the ropes! My good gracious!!

So now we are onto Round 4 - also chapter 4 in the story that I am bringing all my viewers and followers. I hope that you too are enjoying the story as much as the 3 of us are enjoying this swap.

I started off my page by covering it with a napkin (where I used PVA glue) and then a light layer of watered down gesso.


Next, I reached for acrylic paints and created a very basic green grass / landscape / blue sky background. I used a sea sponge to apply the paint and it created a very lovely varied and mottled look to the blue and green areas and I applied the beige paint with my brayer as I do love the grungy effect it gives.


Next I used my dimensional texture paste and this inexpensive brick wall die (online purchase) to create- well a brick wall (ha!)...


... which I then painted to make it look more realistic.

For the mortar, I used deep yellow ochre, 

And for the bricks, I used a combination of raw umber, burnt umber, yellow ochre and deep red.



Next, I reached for this amazing patterned paper from the Gypsy Rose collection by Kaisercraft.


I chose this door in the end and used my craft knife to open the left door.


I back up the door with pretty patterned paper from the G45 Imagine collection as well as added some hot air balloon imagery from the same collection. 

Next, I wanted to create a feature using this Sizzix trellis die.


I cut the frame out of Kraft card stock and the inner bits out of several papers of G45 Imagine.

It was now time to add my favourite element of the page.
The girl who represented Flora Rose in this art layout.
This is a brand new stamp set I just received - part of the G45 Imagine collection.
Very steampunkish and totally Flora Rose!!!


I do go on to color her in with water colors and I used a few of the stamps around the page (but they don't really show in the end).

The next element is this gorgoues stencil by Stamperia. As soon as I saw it I had to buy it and it turned out soooooo amazing!!



I still haven't decided who this guy represents yet- could it be Mr Bennett? Could it be Flora's father? Who knows!


Next I used another product that doesn't show very well on screen but I really enjoyed the effect it produced. 

They are Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mists in:
- Mystic Malachite
- Van Dyke Sepia



They give a beautiful mica shimmer to the background.
Really really lovely!

From here, I printed off some pictures that featured in the story line and adhered them around the page with matt medium.



Next, I reached for my glycerol - yes! Glyercol. 
This was an experiment for me.



I had seen in a previous video someone use this in the place of Versamark for adhering embossing powders and I wanted to give it a go because I had just purchased 4 new color of Seth Apter's Baked Texture embossing Powders and I was DYING to road test them.


You can see here a swatch of the 4 colors I had:

- Patina Oxide

I used this for around the door.




It looks SO AMAZING.

- Chunky Rust

I used this to emulate the red earth under the doorway





- Ancient Amber

I used this t represent golden sand under the horses.



- Rocky Road



I used this to add some darkness and mystic around the trellis feature.


Lastly, I added the sentiment from the G45 Imagine collection.



It resonated perfectly with the spirit of Flora's passionate speech.

~~~~~

I am truly intrigued by the way this story is progressing and coming together so effortlessly and feel like Flora is a real person who needs to be heard and who has a story to share and a message to share with the world.
By chapter 4, I have introduced most of the main characters in the story (although there are still a few supporting characters yet to emerge) but certainly as far as Flora's romantic interests, all 3 male characters will now jockey for Flora's favour and Flora will be torn as to who to give her heart to although at this stage, she seems keen on Dr Braxton. But do remember that this is 1885 and mixing with 'the locals' was certainly frowned upon and Flora is going to come up against this very hard in the coming chapters- even though Dr Braxton is half British. 
But I fear I have given too much away. But certainly, nothing is set in stone yet.

Thank you so much for stopping by and for your interest into the world of Flora Rose.

xx Amira

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Disclaimer -

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

This fictional story is the intellectual property of AmiraInOz (Amira Romanowski) and is protected by Australian and International copyright laws.
Reproduction and distribution in any form without the written permission of Amira Romanowski © is prohibited.

Copyright © 2018  AmiraInOz (Amira Romanowski)  All rights reserved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have you missed any earlier Chapters?

Introduction to this swap/concept HERE

Prologue HERE

Chapter 1  HERE

Chapter 2 HERE

Chapter 3 HERE


———FIND ME ONLINE ———

Facebook
Blog
YouTube
Email












Comments

Post a Comment