Skip to main content

Super Hero Mixed Media Comic - Part 2 - The Comic Pages




Hey Everyone,

Welcome back to part 2 of this comic book series.

Part 2 is all about making the insert for the comic book and for this, I used the Kaitlyn Lizzardi travelers notebook die -set to create my comic pages.



I used water color paper to create 3 inserts


Which are to go into the cover that we created in PART 1. 


Designing the inserts

To design my inserts, I looked in my stash for super hero related stamp sets.

The first one is this stamp set by My Favourite Things - You're super


and the other is a clear stamp set by Fiskars - Kapow


Perfect for making your own comic book right?

I sued a combination of my stamping platform and a stamping block to design my pages.







After I stamped out each insert, I then went ahead and added color to the pages. This helped me get a feel for the character in each page.



From here, I attached the head of each super hero from the sticker pack in the Marvel 12" x 12" Page Kit and drew in the body around him (see below for full pictures).





Decorating the inside of the cover

For the inside of cover I adhered the layered cityscape on the left side and a heat embossed city scape on the right




and then I stapled the inserts with my long arm stapler



Decorating the front of the cover

To decorate the front cover, I used the stickers from the Marvel 12 x 12 Page Kit


They look awesome!!



Are you ready for a peek into my comic?

It opens like this....



Meet our first super-hero The Mighty Thor - you can count on him to save the day rushing through the air, commanding thunder and flashing his brilliant set of whites ;P


Next comes The Incredible Hulk - whenever you're angry at something, you can count on him to smash things up for you and make a huge mess- just don't let him into your craft room ;)


The Invincible Iron Man - you are safe when he's around because Iron Man just wants to get the job done and get outta there. No-one is safe from his sense of humour though and I mean NO-ONE!


The amazing Spider-man- he knows that with great power comes great responsibility and he won't let you down! Toby Maguire please come back to us!!


Just Captain America- poor guy never got a descriptor for his alter-ego. I guess thats what happens when you wake up finding yourself years in the future. Go Captain America- fight! win! and call me when you get back da'ling (One of my fave Edna Mode lines).


And last but not least, the super-hero with the biggest heart- Super Mom. 
She is an every day person like you and me doing extraordinary things to save the day for everyone.
Way to go Super Mom- we salute you!!


Catch my process tutorial for Part 2 HERE

but wait, there's more!

It's a trilogy!! 



Check out my walkthrough for Part 3 HERE 

where I show you even more comic inserts I made using the Katelyn Lizardi Pocket Travelers Notebook Die and corresponding Insert Dies

Thank you so much for sticking with me you guys!
Have a super hero weekend.

xxAmira


Comments