Skip to main content

Gorjuss 'Mini' Art Journal 2018 ~ January ~ fall in love

Hello crafty friends,

I am so excited to start this Gorjuss 'Mini' Art Journal 2018.

I will be working in my DIY watercolor art journal. I have a tutorial for you if you want to make one yourself. Check it out HERE


For the January layout I decided to use the No.11 You brought me love Gorjuss Mini stamp by Santoro.
I stamped her out twice and coloured her in with my Koi Sakura watercolors.


Next, I used my Grand Alder die to die-cut a tree out of watercolor paper which I then painted with watercolors. 





Next, I created a gradient sky with my watercolors using an ombre technique. Watch my process video to see how that turned out (link below).

Next, I found this perfect quote from the Tim Holtz "phrases" sticker book.


And lastly, a few puffy hearts go on as embellishments and the whole layout is complete.

Here are some pictures :)


From this angle, you can see that the squirrel (and the girl) are popped up with 3D foam tape.



And here is the finished layout.


You can watch the process video HERE 

I also have a process video for how I did the cover for this journal.
Find it HERE

Thank you for watching :)

xxAmira

PS. I am curious, which of the girls would YOU have chosen for the layout?
Tell me in the comments below.









Comments

  1. Goodness me Amira. What a beautiful piece of art. Love it all, but especially the 3D effect. If I ever get the energy and confidence to give this a go, it would be lovely. You are a star with the water colours. Talent ++++

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I would have used the same girl you did. Love the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Amira, I keep planning on doing a planner but never get around to it.. come live close to me Amira so you can help me sighhh lol xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment