Skip to main content

My Water Color Art Journal 2018 - TN- Evolve

Hello Crafty friends,

I am starting my watercolor art journal 2018 series today!

I chose to work in a traveler's notebook insert I made myself out of water color paper.

If you want to make one yourself too and join in the adventure, check out the tutorial HERE.

My color palette today is a combination of yellows, oranges and a touch of red.



I also told myself that I was not allowed black and must leave white space.

I broke both those rules within the first 5 minutes LOL

So as I was editing my video, I realised I essentially added 5 layers to my layout and they are:

Layer 1- Add Watercolor
Layer 2- Add Collage
Layer 3- Add Acrylic Paint
Layer 4- Add Stencil and Stamps
Layer 5- Doodling and Borders


My collage element was this beautiful ephemera pack from Kaiser Craft "Golden Grove" collection.




I felt this represented my word for the year which is 'EVOLVE'.







I really enjoyed this process and am looking forward to a year of art journaling.

Here is my completed layout:


You can watch the process HERE

I have created the #mywatercolorartjournal2018 and I hope that these videos inspire you to make your own art journal and play along.

I would LOVE to see your layouts.
Tag me on IG and use my # so I can find you.

Happy art journaling in 2018.
xxAmiraInOz













Comments