Skip to main content

TAKE 5 ART JOURNAL 2018 #take5art

So excited to be taking part in the #take5art journal challenge for 2018.

I found this challenge when I came across Heba's YT Channel My Little Journal
and was so inspired that I contactedKyra Pace from Simply Creative Kyra who hosts this challenge and asked if I could play along and she said YES!

So here I am!!

The journal I am working in is this blue and green watercolor art journal I made out of watercolor paper.


If you want to make your own, I have a DIY video for you HERE

This months challenge prompts are : * modeling paste * 3 stamps * text paper * Feather * Use Gesso through a stencil

So because the feather was involved, I consulted by Color Almanac Vol 3 by Design Seeds and was attracted to this color scheme.



Check out my video process which I will leave a link to below.

I really enjoyed creating the modeling paste.
It created amazing texture through this Kaisercraft stencil.
You can also see some of the text I added peeking through from underneath.


I also loved how it looked through this stencil from Tim Holtz. 


This is the feather prompt!



I LOVED how it turned out


This is the gesso through the stencil prompt.




And here are my stamp prompts:
- the bird,
- the arrows,
- and a script stamp 




Here is the title of my art journal: let go




and accompanying Tim Holtz stickers from his mini book that go perfectly 



And here is my entire layout.


Check out my process HERE

If you are inspired to create an art journal spread with these prompts, 
please use the hashtag #take5art.

Hope to see you next month for my next layout.
xxAmira




Comments