Skip to main content

Good Deed Advent Calendar ~ Carta Bella ~ Santa's Workshop



Hi everyone,

As soon as I saw this paper titled 'Dash Away' from the Santa's workshop Paper Collection 


I knew I was going to make an advent calendar.

Now there is no good way to blog how I made this project, so I'm going to have to refer you to the process video (link below).

Step 1 - Make the pockets

The pockets were made out of Kraft card stock that measured 5" W x 2.75" H.


Along the long edge, score at 0.5" and 4.5"
Along the short edge, score at 2.25" .



You then need to taper the edges as well as cut out a section.

Once again, please refer to the process video.
As I made each pocket, I adhered the 2" x 2" number to it.






Next, I cut out 2 sized of tags to go into the pockets


For the larger tag, I rubbed on the aquamarine Inka Gold.


I then threaded some metallic gold cord to attach the smaller tag to the larger one.




This is how my project is looking so far.


On the back of each of these tags, I wrote a good deed which I plan on completing within the next year (however long it take). 

Check out the video to see what they are.
Also check out the video to hear the story of The White Envelope.

Next it was time to add some color to the canvas.



Watch and hear all about my troubles and mistake using it for the first time in my process video.

But I did get some gorgeous pours 








I left it for 24 hours to dry.



Finally, it was time to start assembling.

I finished off by adding some stamping and some confetti on the mini tags as well as some ribbon on the pockets.

This is my entire project after assembly.




You can watch Part 1 HERE

Part 2 HERE

Thank you so much for stopping by.
xx Amira

Comments