Skip to main content

Oh Holy Night - Lumaire

Welcome back everyone,

I have a wonderful project for you today :)
Lets make a Lumaire!!


I started off using this beautiful paper from Echo Park's Oh Holy Night Collection Kit

Here are the sizes you are going to need :



8 x Pattern paper @ 2.25"W X 3.75"H 
4 x vellum @ 1.75" W x 3" H

1 x pattern paper @ 3 1/8" x 3 1/8" (this is for the base)
Also cut 2 X cereal boxes (glue them together) @ 3 1/8" x 3 1/8"
1  X Pattern paper @ 2.25" W x 2.5" H ( this is for the lid)



The 8 pieces of pattern paper will form the walls of your lumaire.
Each wall has a sandwich of vellum in between 2 pieces of pattern paper.
To be able to see the tea light flickering, you will need to cut a window out of the paper and replace it with the vellum.

I chose this rectangle die - 1.25" W X 2.5" H to cut the middle out of my papers ( frame on far left has already been sandwiched with vellum).



I then put one piece of vellum in between 2 pieces of paper like so.


Next, it's time to join the walls.
For this, I added double sided take to each side of the edges of each wall. I then overlapped the Gold Star Washi  from the kit.


Lastly, you will need to wrap the last panel and join it to form a rectangle box.


Which looks like this.
Burnish the washiest well and train it to stand strong.


For the base, I adhered the pattern paper to the double cereal boxes I had stuck together.
I inked the edges with Frayed Burlap.


I then used hot glue along the base of the box structure to adhere it to the base.



Next, it's time to adhere the lid. I once again applied double sided glue to both sides where the lid was going to be placed and overlapped it with washi.


I then angled the front of the lid by taking off the corners.


Next, it's time to decorate.
I pulled out the Christmas Gem Ribbon 








as well as added some flowers from my stash.



Finally, it was time to test my Lumaire.



Yay!! It works!!

Here are some pretty pics of all sides.







And here is the lid.


Please check out my process video HERE.

I hope you get a chance to make this, it's a great gift to give a loved one.

xx Amira

Comments