Skip to main content

A Wizard's Mixed Media Journal ~ Part 4 ~ Gryffindor's Journal

Hi everyone,

I'm back for part 3 of my Wizard Journal Series.
If you missed it, check out Part 1 HERE
If you missed Part 2, check it out HERE
Part 3 can be found HERE

Today's journal is (my house) Gryffindor inspired!




Gryffindor's colors are:

~ Primary Red & Wilted Violet to make maroon
~ Burnt Umber
~ Red Oxide
~ Deep Yellow
~ Black

I mixed primary red and wilted violet to make the characteristic maroon color of Gryffindor.
Next, I used hot glue to create the 4 corners on each of the front and back covers.
I also added hot glue on the spine (love this!).
Next, I used a stencil and structure paste to create a design for the front cover (I do regret covering that eye but there was no other place for the label!).

Next I layered black and gold on the hot glue elements and added the yellow to the raised stencil designs.

I once again added thick Venetian Gold along the edges and 'cooked' them for a textured gilded look.

For the audio in the process video, I decided to read an excerpt from Chapter 28 - Snape's Worst Memory. This is my favourite albeit painful scene for me and we discuss it often - my kids and I.
How good people can do mean things. How, if you don't watch yourself, you can be a mean bully. How even good people can make mistakes. How everyone is worth being respected. So many life lessons here. I also hope for an upcoming trilogy (I'll settle for movie) of the formative years of James and Lily at Hogwarts.

You can catch the process video HERE.

Enjoy.
xx Amira




Comments