Skip to main content

DIY Autumn Wreath Cards ~ Lawn Fawn ~ Stitched Leaf Dies

Hello Crafty Friends,

I am so happy that Autumn is here. Well, it's around the corner at least. I don't know about you but it's been an unusual summer and I am ready for some knits and I really miss my uggies!!

Today's creative team design project is inspired by THIS gorgeous stitched leaves die in the Aunty Vera Scrap & Craft April Kit.

Pic of Lawn fawn die


I dug into my card stock and die-cut a whole pile of leaves using craft, brown, light and dark green card.

I was then overcome by an unmistakable urge to create a wreath out of these leaves and I just went with it!!

Watch the process video to see me make this wreath!



I then wondered whether adding raffia to the wreath would look any good- so I made another one and it adds a whole different look to it!



These wreaths only measure approximately 4.5" x 4.5" so they really couldn't be used as home decor so I decided to turn them into cards.

I reached for the Kraft card stock which measures scored in half.
And I also cut a panel of the striped patterned paper from the April Kit.


I also used one of the cut apart cards from the collection.

I wanted to add a further sentiment to the card so I grabbed this banner from the Carta Bella Ephemera Pack from the Kit.




To top it off, I used one of the critters from the button pack. 
I felt the squirrel went perfectly with the "gather" sentiment.








 Now for the raffia wreath card. I backed it up with the vertical striped brown patterned paper.

You can tell here that it needs a little extra something!


The banner and the owl top this card off perfectly!






Here are both cards side by side :)




You can watch the process video HERE

Thank you for stopping by.
Now tell me, which one do you like better?
Squirrel or owl?

xxAmira

Comments