Skip to main content

Gorjuss 'Mini' Art Journal 2018 ~ April ~ Will you promise?


Hi Everyone,
I am back with the April layout for my 'Mini' Art Journal 2018.

I will be working in my DIY watercolor art journal.
I have a tutorial for you if you want to make one yourself.
Check it out HERE


For this layout I decided to use Stamp No.58 'Dreamer' Gorjuss Mini stamp by Santoro.


Since we are now in the season of Autumn in Australia, I had a vision to make a beautiful forest scene where this little girl was walking and a sweet little fox jumped out, wrapped himself around her and asked her to take him home. You can SO see it cant you?

I started off by stamping my girl straight into my art journal using the Tim Holtz platform.
I then stamped a forest scene around her using the Thoughtful branches Stamp set by Stamping' Up.


I then inked up the background using my Tim Holtz distress inks.

The colors I used are:
- Mowed lawn
- Gathered Twigs
-Carved Pumpkin
- Fossilised Amber
-Tumbled Glass
- Dusty Concord

I then used my 6x6 Mountain Stencil by TCW to stencil in a row of trees in the distance.




For the Gorjuss girl, I used my trusty Prima water colors and lace her whimsical pink hair and a lovely blue dress.



Lastly, I found a perfect sentiment from my Tim Holtz sticker book that says "Will you promise never to leave me?"



I absolutely adore this layout. 
That orange really gives me that Autumn Vibe.

Am also really proud of myself for getting to this stage where I can start building a scene by masking off and using stamps. 

You can watch the process video HERE

Thank you for stopping by.
xxAmira

Comments