Skip to main content

DIY Australian Pocket Traveler's Notebook ~ Part 2 ~ Making Inserts

Hey everyone,

Im here for a quick tutorial to show you how to make an insert using A4 sheets without having to trim anything to size.

With the eco papers I created in Part 1, 


I simply folded a sheet into half width ways first, to create a crease in the middle of the paper



then folded it down on itself length ways to produce another crease at exactly half point.







It is an this half way point that you need to cut all the way across so that one A4 piece of paper, produces 2 pages to go in my insert.







Each page will now measure 4 1/8" W x 5 3/4" H

Go ahead and cut a whole heap of pages for your insert.
I used 10 A4 pages to give me 20 pages.



To make the cover for each insert, I chose these 2 papers.. 




and cut them to 8.5" W (score in centre at 4.25" x 5.75" H (to be flush with papers, or 6" to be a little bit larger).

I then held the pages together with a bulldog clip and ran them through my sewing machine to bind them.
Here is how they turned out.



 You can watch the process tutorial HERE

Be sure to continue on to Part 3 where we make the cover for our Aussie Traveler's Notebook.


xx Amira

Comments