Skip to main content

DIY Australian Pocket Traveler's Notebook ~ Part 4 ~ TN Elastics & Closure


Hey everyone,

Welcome back.
We are now ready to add elastics to our pocket TN.
The trademark of the TN is that you can add and remove inserts easily by threading them through these elastics.
There are a few ways of adding holes to the covers to thread the elastics.
I have chosen to place the holes on top of one another instead of side by side.

The tool I am using to make the holes is my Crop-o-dile and I am using the smallest hole punch setting.



The first hole I make is 3/8" from the top along the centre of cover.
The second hole gos directly below it at 7/8" from the top edge.
I also created hole in the centre (for the closure) using my Tim Holtz pick and I create the same 2 holes from the bottom of the cover.


To measure how much elastic you need, multiply the height of the cover (6" ) x 4. So in this instance, we need 24" of elastic. I am using hat elastic which is 2mm thick.

To see how I thread this, please watch the tutorial. I also chose to use a charm for added interest.

From the inside the elastics look like this.


From the outside, they look like this.


For the closure, I doubled the elastic around the middle and roughly estimated how much I needed to use. I added a charm with a little jump ring.


You can watch the tutorial HERE.

I hope you are enjoying the TN series.
See you in the next episode.
xx Amira




Comments