Skip to main content

DIY Australian Pocket Travelers' Notebook ~ Part 5 ~ Pocket Folder

Hi everyone,

Today Im back with a tutorial on how I made a folder for my Pocket TN.

I started off with Kraft card stock that measured 7" W x  5"H (score @ 3.5")
I have 2 more pieces of card stock that measure 3.25"W x 5" H

For the 2 smaller pieces, I scored 0.25" along the  outer edges and 00.25" from the bottom as indicated below by the white tape.


Next, (for the left piece) I measured 1" from the left upper corner 


and 1" up from the bottom right corner


I connected these with a dotted line for your understanding, but this is where you need to cut.


Here is what the opposite side looks like (mirror image)


And here is what they look like when they have been cut.


Lastly, you need to attach the 2 smaller pieces to the larger piece.
I used a combination of both double sided tape and tacky glue.

The folder should look like this when it is complete.


Next it is time to decorate.

Here is how I chose to decorate my folder.

This gorgeous little Koala by Doodle Bug Designs just had to make the cover.


I also used the discard branding strip ( I never discard them as they now come with wonderful additions) to create this sentiment on the front cover.



Here is the front and the back cover,


Here is the inside of the folder.



Fake money and all :)

I'm loving the vibe of this Aussie themed leather pocket TN.



You can watch the process video HERE.

In my next episode, I start to decorate the pages of the inserts.
I hope you will join me for that.
xxAmira




Comments