Skip to main content

Welcome to Australia ~ Mama Kangaroo and Joey ~ Cottage Cutz


Hi everyone,

I am wrapping up my Australian Journal Series for Aunty Vera's November Kit #cantyouhearthethunder but I just wanted to make one more quick project using this cute die by Cottage Cutz.



I cut Mama and Joey out using 190 gsm smooth paper and I show you all the little bits and how they come together to make this cute die-cut.



I won't lie- there were a LOT of little bits - were they eyes? ears? noses?
Be prepared!

To see me put it together, head on over to the video via the link (below).

I ended up colouring this pair using my alcohol markers ..


But I also experimented with different shades of brown using water colors as well as adding glossy accents- because, you know, no 2 Mamas are the same right?


After that, I decided to decorate the front of one of my booklets with these cuties!

I pulled out the Nuvo Crystal Drops in Metallic Copper Penny , 






Finally, I used 3 elements from this 12" x 12" Outback cut apart sheet by Kaisercraft, to start the layering process. 



To see how I made the inserts, refer to my previous video HERE

I started off by layering some vellum over the busy background so that the elements I was using on the cover page would stand out. Here you can see mama Kangaroo and Joey are not overwhelmed by the leaf background



Next to mama and joey, I added a pressed flower and a dried leaf from my earlier project.




Next, I layered 3 cut aparts to create this lovely Welcome to Australia 'sign'.


and  added my wood veneers around it.

To the tag, I added a green eyelet and threaded the gold and cream twine through.

Lastly, I decorated with some bottlebrush spikes from my backyard.


I adore this cover!!


To watch the process, check out my video HERE

Thank you so much for joining me everyone.
Ill see you next time.
xxAmira

Comments